The working process at Fast Services guarantees reliability and predictability of cooperation. Our method is based on the Rational Unified Process, which de-facto is standard to our software development and integration processes. We focus on the content of the process, rather than the form. It guarantees the quality of our work. We are ready to change sets of documentation and details of the process according to your wish.
The Software Development, Implementation and Support Process:
- Start up phase
- Phase of task positioning Development phase
- Support and transfer phase
Software Management and Testing:
- Management of software configuration.
- Product quality management.
- Testing process
- Methodology of testing
- Correspondence testing
The Rational Unified Process Phases:
The process of software development is based on Rational Unified Process and has four main phases:Inception
- Transfer and support
This system lets Client and Development team fully control product development at any time and phase. Here we will show the lifespan of typical software project:
At this stage we aim to determine system limitations and gather requirements of higher level. Our experts take a deep insight into the business-goals of the project, analyze the key subject of business and Client's requirements, and create technical documentation. All documents will go to the Client's table for approval. Based on the formulated tasks we develop a system architecture, that includes technological and hardware options.
Client will be offered a preliminary plan of the project, and its approximate evaluation. At the inception phase the development team and the Fast Services engineers combine their efforts to specify the standard development process to maintain maximum effectiveness on any stage of the project.
- Preliminary project plan and work cost estimate
- Preliminary plan of software development including demands management plan, structure of the project, configuration plan and management of changes, risk management plan, quality monitoring plan. -
- Confirmed documents on the project
At the elaboration stage we create architectural base of the system. Fast Services technical experts model and test several approaches in order to define the best one to meet Customer's business goals and system needs. Upon completion of this phase the skeleton of the system is outlined. It will be the base for the creation of the final product.
In the course of the specification phase one or several different prototypes (users' or functional interfaces) will be presented to the Customer for confirmation. At the end of the phase the project contains exact time and cost estimate of the system construction in accordance with the demands and the architecture chosen.
- Specified plan of the project and fulfillment schedule
- Full demand specification to the software product
- Prototypes of functional and/or users' interface
- Plan of testing
- Specified plan of the software development
- Confirmed documentation
In the course of this phase we create the final product (functional information system). The working team (programmers, designers, testers, project managers) realizes a step-by-step (iteration) construction of the project. It makes it flexible and easy to change and modify the process. International approach allows the experts to make a more effective technical planning of the different aspects of the project, including functional ones.
As the Customer confirms the plan of iteration all the demands influencing the budget and the date of project conclusion are postponed and are to be turned over during next iterations. Every other iteration adds certain amount of functional opportunities and specific details to the system. It enables the Customer to follow the process of the system development more efficiently.
Documentation for each iteration:
- Functioning system and a certain number of the opportunities realized (the number of opportunities increase from iteration to iteration)
- Detailed plan of the following iteration with the goals clearly set
- All the documents and models of the previous phases which underwent modification during this iteration
Transfer And Support Phase
The goal of the phase is to introduce the product into the enterprise of the Customer, teach the staff, support and redesign the information system installed. When the system is installed at the server of the Customer, Fast Services specialists carry out system users' training. Customer's system support staff is also taught to administrate and support the system, manage the technologies in use and means of development. Future revision of the system includes users' demands and is realized on the basis of the total control of the system and its supplements.
- Functional system
- All supporting documentation: user's handbooks, installation information, reference books, etc